Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew When I bit off more than I could chew
And through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way.
- Frank Sinatra.
I have been attempting to start this new blog - which may I add, is now permanent - since I actually turned 42. But due to 2014 starting with mosquito borne illnesses, a fractured wrist and what could be considered the return of the Plagues of Egypt (on a personal scale) - it has taken a little longer than anticipated.
In tribute to Douglas Adams -
I may, perhaps, have found the meaning of life, the universe and everything.
It really is 42.
Last year was all about ticking things off a list. As it turned out, the things I eventually saw as 'achievements' were perhaps not those that I would have expected at the start of 2013. But they ended up being far more profound, and far more difficult, than I could ever have anticipated. So. To all those who loyally followed the41steps, here is my 'Year of Wonders' - make of it what you will. Not quite 41 things, because I don't want you to fall asleep!
1. Survived cancer.
2. Decided I hadn't had enough, and had another go.
3. Managed 3 countries in 3 days. With several buckets of champagne.
4. Got the Dread P back safely from some serious buccaneering.
5. Moved states.
6. Moved states again.
7. Stayed loyal to the Tahs.
8. Remained an idiot (see above).
9. Co-launched an amazing online magazine. Pride.
10. Made some serious mistakes.
11. Made more mistakes. But not the same ones. Win.
12. Sat in the middle of a dam on a mattress. It worked out OK.
13. Wrote like a maniac.
14. Didn't give up.
15. Fell desperately in love. With someone who may vaguely resemble David Tennant.
I think that's enough to be going on with. Especially points 1,2... and definitely point 15.
I hope that those who have stuck with me throughout the two incarnations of my blog so far continue to do so. I love writing. It is a part of me. And this year - well, it's going to get bigger than ever.
Once I recover from mozzies and muddled bones.